Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sports slump?

I really don't get it. The local sports guys are complaining that we're in a sports slump, because (according to them) March Madness sucked because all the favorites went to the final four and there were no surprises, and the Masters sucked because Tiger should have played better and won, because they're all Tiger fans.

You can't have it both ways, people. Either you like when the favorites win, or you don't. Personally, I loved both events. I liked March Madness, first of all because Villanova went farther in the tourney than I expected. Second, I loved watching Stephen Curry almost single handedly take Davidson farther that anyone expected. Yes, the #1 seeds made it to the final 4, but there were pretty cool stories in the journey. All else being equal, I'm an underdog kind of guy, and there were enough upsets and scares to keep me happy.

As for the Masters, my opinion on both the tournament and one Tiger Woods are well documented. I loved seeing someone, anyone, else contend and give him a run for his money...and it's even sweeter when that someone takes the tournament. Even sweeter still, the guy who took it battled back from surgery in December...and was a pretty cool story.

Slump? I don't think so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home