Friday, October 03, 2008

...and, I was right

Neither Vice Presidential candidate did anything to embarrass themselves in their debate last night. Palin came off fairly knowledgeable and confident and Biden didn't say anything half cocked and stupid. It will take it's place in the history of the world alongside Pamela Anderson's second marriage, and a notch below this blog in the hierarchy of newsworthy events.

The one thing that always bothers me in these things is the way the truth gets stretched, which is a polite way of saying...these people lie. It's not one side or the other that does it. They both do. I don't mind so much when the side I don't favor does it, because, honestly, I expect less of them. I sit back and say, "See? They're lying!" I hate it more when the side I agree with jumps into the lying mess, because I want them to take the high road. I want them to win without resorting to all that crap....but they don't. In the end, they're all politicians.

So after a while I get pissed off and stop watching. Thank God for baseball.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home