Tuesday, October 13, 2009

quick hits

Well, it was a weekend for biting the bullet.

First there was the issue of a vehicle for the youngster. I've been agonizing over this for months...not the actual act of purchase, because it's become a necessity, but how to afford it, what we can get for how much money, all that. I think we found something dependable, small, good on gas, and he likes it. Learned a lot about buying cars on cragslist.com. If you find something you think will work, you need to pounce fast. The decent cars for a decent price disappear in less than a day.

Then there was the event I've been dreading for years...the one ending in 'oscopy'. That one's now behind me, figuratively and literally. The prep for it was everything I expected, and nothing I want to do again soon. The actual procedure was a walk in the park...or maybe a nap in the park. I woke up in a drug induced haze and was told it was over. I sort-of remember being led back to where my clothes were, and putting them on, and the wife picking me up and taking me home. The whole day is a fuzzy memory though. That's 24 hours I'll never get back.

Then there was the Jaguars. A few weeks ago I said I witnessed the worst performance ever by my team. I should have added the word 'yet'. Lets just say, between prepping for Monday's 'oscopy' thing and watching the Seahawks pummel my team, that was about the shittiest Sunday evening I've ever experienced.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home