Monday, July 25, 2005

so little time, but....

The time off started with a baseball game Friday night. We went to see the Jacksonville Suns (AA affiliate of the LA Dodgers) play and beat the Montgomery Biscuits. I know...great name that instills fear into the hearts of their opponents. When we got home, the crowd from Pensacola arrived. I've already blogged about them. I talked about it with my wife afterward, and her main issue was she had been looking forward to that week as our 'family' time for quite a while, and some of it had been more or less stolen. While I agree, I didn't see much of a way around it. Sometimes you just do what you have to do.

The trip to Jekyll Island was relaxing, even if I did burn the crap out of my feet. I'm still feeling the effects of that bit of stupidity, but it's down to being itchy instead of hurting. Biking around the island was fun. It wasn't exactly a ride for exercise. It was more for looking around and just enjoying the scenery. I didn't realize just how much I needed that.

Last week we just did little things around home. We went to see Madagascar. I played some golf. Did some reading. Took my son to the batting cages for some practice. We picked out the wood we want to use to replace some of our carpeted floors. Ran some errands...but for the most part, just took it easy. It was nice doing things like going to the grocery store in the afternoon to pick out what we would have that evening. I needed the break.

But now, it's over....in a very hellish wake up call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home