Thursday, July 07, 2005

Quick Hits and prayers

The cowards that bombed the London transportation system are killing and maiming a lot of innocent people. While it's jumping to conclusions to blame any particular group, there aren't many who would find a way to justify this kind of action. Please keep everyone affected (yes, even the cowards) in your prayers. They need them.

When did doctors lose that worldly wise sense about them? I don't know if it's that I'm not as impressionistic as I was when I was younger, but any time I, or a member of my family, go to the doctor any more and tell them what symptoms we are experiencing, he's asking us what we think it is. Well, damn boss, if I knew, what the hell would I need you for? I guess this is stemming from yesterday when my wife took my son to his allergist. He's been getting allergy shots for four years now, and that was the period we were told it should take before he should be...maybe not completely cured, but better off than he was. The youngster is more than ready to stop getting shot in the arm every month. So she asked the guy...are we done now? He said, "I don't know, what do you think?" In the absence of a qualified opinion, I guess we're putting a halt to the shots and see what happens.

Dennis the Menace is churning up the Caribbean Sea and heading toward the Gulf of Mexico. It may rain out our weekend, but the folks on the Panhandle, and Alabama and probably points west are looking at much worse. Please keep them in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home