Monday, October 17, 2005

the old role is suffering

I thought it would go unnoticed.

It has been somewhat documented here that my participation in little league has taken on a more integeral role, meaning, I'm in the dugout doing stuff. This weekend that even got pushed to bullpen duty when there really was no one else, but it wasn't a kid who had never pitched before so he wasn't looking for instruction. He just needed to warm up and someone to catch for him. Hell, even I can do that.

The problem is, I used to take pictures at little league games. At first it was just the youngster, but I quickly realized that I'm there with digital photography device in tow. Why stick to just the youngster? I'm sure other parents would appreciate pictures and since I'm there, I might as well take them of all the kids. I'd send out the whole set after each game via e-mail. The pictures were a hit among the parents. I didn't think anyone would notice this fall, because we only had one kid from any of the youngster's previous teams, that I wasn't snapping pics because I was busy. Well, Saturday, the wife came to the dugout with the camera, handed it to me and said, "I want a picture of my son. How do I work this thing?" Well, he happened to be leading off of second at the time so I snapped one and tried to give her a quick lesson. Apparently it didn't take, because when I got home and took the card out, there was only one picture on it....the leadoff. (I'll admit the instructions were rushed/incomplete because I was trying to pay attention to other things and the camera is a little more involved than point and click. Maybe we should do camera lessons before things get hectic.) Next day game I guess I'll have to beg off dugout duty, so I can once again be team photographer. One day game shouldn't be too much to ask.


the leadoff

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Wow... Matt's grown a lot since I last saw a picture of him. Handsome guy.

:)

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home