Friday, December 09, 2005

chocolate covered biscotti day

You know it's the holidays when....

Baskets and tins and all manner of snacks seem to come waltzing in the door. I keep trying to dodge them but they're everywhere.

Today I was in meetings virtually all day, and I guess some vendor or contractor or someone inundated the place with chocolate covered biscotti. Every door I walked through, someone was offering me more chocolate covered biscotti. One good ol' boy from Georgia handed me some and said, "I don't know what this shit is, but it goes good with coffee." It got to the point where they were begging, "Please, take the chocolate covered biscotti!" And it's not like it's awful stuff or anything. It's damn good, which makes it all the harder to avoid. There are days I wish I was one of those people who hates chocolate. I need to get back to working out, and quick.

4 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I've got a fruitcake here...how about a trade-off?

5:32 PM  
Blogger John said...

Noooo...can't do fruitcake. Johnny Carson once put forth the theory that there is really only one fruitcake in the world, and people just keep re-gifting it. Personally, I believe him.

5:45 PM  
Blogger S.S. said...

Well consider yourself lucky. I don't have any fruitcake nor any kind of chocolate floating around the office. I think it's a bit too soon now?

8:43 PM  
Blogger beatdad said...

If you get anymore send it my way. I don't have anyyone bringing biscotti to go with that black caffinated stuff...what to they call that...coffee?

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home