Thursday, March 23, 2006

loose ends and stuff

I haven't talked to the youngster about his baseball predicament yet. We had enough going on last night with homework, and I really don't want him to feel like I'm constantly hammering him about it. I think I do need to talk to the coach though. I don't want to tell him where the youngster should play. I want to ask him to talk to him. I want the coach to set the youngster's expectations. If he plays hard, does he have a shot? Is he going nowhere but right field? If he knows that, instead of hoping for something different, and getting disappointed, with each passing inning, maybe we can deal with that.

For the time being, the Cadillac of refrigerators is a Yugo. It was delivered Saturday and we moved everything into it. My room is on the third rack. We then waited for the first 12 cycles of ice to get made, so we could toss those and resume our normal life. Then, we waited. Nine hours later, we got the first cycle of ice. The next morning (Sunday) we saw the second cycle. Since then...nothing. Shit. At least the old refrigerator made ice. We called Home Depot and they sent someone out...who rolled it out from the wall, looked, rolled it back, and reset the freezer temp. Then he declared, "It's fixed." The wife asked him what he did to fix it. He said he reset the temperature. She asked, "And that should fix it?" He assured her it would...and he lied. So now it's Thursday and we still have no ice. Maytag is sending another "expert" out this afternoon. Update to follow.....

1 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

That's a great idea. Let the coach talk to the youngster. It's part of being a coach, in case he forgets! And he has a kid of his own so he should do the right thing with your kid.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home