Tuesday, December 05, 2006

the tramp stamp

I learned something yesterday.

There is a popular tattoo with twenty-something/teenage women these days. It is usually found right above the ass and kinda below the small of the back, and has the general shape of a very horizontally elongated diamond. I didn't learn about them, per se. I knew they existed. I learned that they have a name, and the name is "tramp stamp". If one goes to a tattoo artist and wants one of these, that's what one asks for. The explanation I was given is that it gives her partner something to look at while having sex in at least one particular position.

That's where I'm having an issue. Maybe it's that I've never been that big on tattoos. I mean, they're OK, butt I don't really want one...anywhere. (Then again, that could be the whole 'aversion to needles' thing, butt I digress.) Maybe it's a sign that I truly am well into the older generation...the one that didn't grow up with instant everything and video games and...well, whatever. I just don't get it. If you're in a room with a woman....a naked woman...a naked twenty-something woman...a naked twenty-something attractive woman, and you're having sex...you're hurtin' for something to look at?? What's with that? I would think there's plenty there to keep your mind occupied. I was in that situation on one or more occasions when I was also twenty-something butt I can't remember ever thinking, "Gee, what I could really use now is a tattoo to admire." What's next? Can you superimpose the sports page on her back? Attach a cup holder somehow? I don't know. It just seems to me that last thing on anyone's mind while in the throes of..well, you know, is "Wow, what a cool tattoo!" (Well, maybe not last, butt close to last...right before, "I forgot to take out the trash." and "When was the last time we gave the cat a bath?")

My next question is, what do you call the other one becoming popular with young women...around the navel?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what? I think we are old. If a dude needs something to LOOK at, he can flip me over.
Sheesh.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home