Friday, December 01, 2006

straight to Lifetime

Ya ever watch a movie and think...this puppy's headed straight to video. Two months tops, it'll be in the discount rack at Blockbuster. Some things are just destined. The Disney sequels were like that. Lion King II, Beauty and the Beast II, Alladin and the King of Theives, Alladin III - Return of Jafar, Alladin IV - Jafar's Revenge, Alladin V - Day of Jafar, Alladin VI - Jafar Strikes Back, ad naseum....

I watched something last night that isn't headed straight to video, but has that same sense of destiny. Mom-in-law and the wife were laughing hysterically at some show on TV, so I decided to check out what was causing the hilarity. It was a sitcom called Men in Trees, starring Anne Hache, once known as the other half of the Ellen Degeneris love biangle. As I watched, and watched the reaction of both the wife and mom-in-law, I could think of only one thing. It's a chick flick in sitcom clothing. This puppy's headed straight to the Lifetime network.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

When I first saw the title of it, I thought.. a guy sitcom. Then I thought...maybe they meant Men in Trunks... aka thongs... and I was saddened when I realized it was a pipe dream and to give it up.

I watched about 5 mins and then resumed channel surfing.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home