Friday, March 02, 2007

Free agency begins...

..and The Jaguars are making about as big a splash in the world as I am with this blog entry....like nada.

I, like every football fan in the country, want my team to go out there and throw money at all the impact players who could possibly help my team win. I want all the holes filled, all the weaknesses eliminated and all the positions upgraded...but...

Well, our quarterback is average. He seems to have potential to be more than that, but hasn't fulfilled it yet, but there's nobody available out there better. You can't go get what doesn't exist.

Our receiving corps...average...maybe less than average, and that despite using our first round draft pick the last three years on guys who are supposed to catch the ball. Still, our recievers are not a strength of the Jaguar team, but again, there's nobody better out there worth running out and getting.

So what we have is a team that went 8 and 8 last year, which is hardly impressive, and as the period begins in which you address the fact that you went 8 and 8, I expect absolutely nothing.

It's just a bit strange, and very frustrating.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home