Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the deeeluxe apartment in the sky

Well, it wasn't an apartment. It was a wedding.

The wife works with this woman. She moved to J'ville about when we did, and she and the wife started working at the same place. Both of them were married to Navy guys. This woman, however, got divorced, like a year after we moved here. She's been single ever since....for close to 20 years. She and the wife are still friends and still work together. She filled the years with a lot of exercise and education. She now has several degrees. A year or two ago, though, she started dating one of the professors at the local University where she got all these degrees. He's from a wealthy German family, and is fairly well off...well, much more well off than I, anyway.

They got married Saturday evening, and we went to the wedding...atop one of the highest buildings in downtown J'ville. The running joke of the evening was how her education paid off. The wedding was very nice and the view from up there was pretty awesome. First time I've been downtown in a while (probably two years, if you exclude Jaguars games), but also the first time I've ever been near the top floor of one of those buildings...where one of those exclusive clubs are.

Can't say it made me want to join. That's a long way to go for a nice dinner. It was very nice though. I was certainly impressed, with the food, the service and the view. It'd be a cool thing to do, like for an anniversary dinner, but I can't see belonging to a club like that year 'round. I guess if you had that kind of cash, but still, it's a matter of priorities. I'd like to think I'd find better uses for it, or what I think are better uses anyway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home