Thursday, July 12, 2007

hope springs eternal

I played golf yesterday...9 holes in the evening. I actually played pretty well...hitting the ball almost consistently in the general area where I wanted it to be. Only had one hole where I pretty much lost it. Only lost one ball where water is easily in play on 7 of the 9 holes, and a few pars, no birdies. For me...that's pretty good.

The thing is...I know next time, it can be a completely different story. Golf does this to me. It gives me every reason to think I'm improving...every reason to think I could actually get good at this. Then it slams my face in the dirt. Who knows. Maybe this time it'll be different. If the visual you're getting is Charlie Brown, running toward a football with every intention of kicking it from the expert hold of one Lucy Van Pelt...yeah, that's about where I am.

Took the recently damaged car to the body shop today for the estimate of my accidental meeting with the potty mouthed granny. Nine hundred and something dollars of damage...new bumper cover, buff out a scratch on the light cover, take out a small dent above the bumper. That'll happen in a few weeks, and that nightmare will be over...except the money and the school part.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home