Friday, June 29, 2007

the NBA draft (part deux)

OK, I lied. I watched the damn thing, or at least the first 12 or 13 picks.

Not intentionally..as in, I didn't seek it out. I did, however, go to the gym, and when I walked in, it was on both TVs and it was just starting. I was the only person there, so whoever left it on the televisions had gone home, but there it was. I made no effort to find something else to watch. I just got on the stationary bike and watched the first two picks everyone knew were going to happen. Then Al Horford went to the Hawks and so on. I'm happy for those kids...not just the Florida kids, but all of them. They seemed like hard working young men realizing a dream. Now, will I watch them play in the NBA? If it's on when I hit the gym, I suppose, like the draft, I'll make no great effort to find something else (like I would if the Lifetime network was on). I won't go seeking them out though.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... you're riding ypou bike often to prepare for the MS150 and you go to the gym... and ride a stationary bike???

9:16 PM  
Blogger John said...

I ride my bike on the weekends...mostly Saturday mornings. A lot of people who train for the MS150 ride during the week as well...totalling over 150 miles a week. I get away from work too late to do that during the week though, so I'll go to the gym and do a variety of things...usually for about an hour and a half. The stationary bike is one. The treadmill and elliptical machine are others...then some weight work on the stomach. If I feel like it, after that I'll do some work on the arms. By then, it's well after dark, so that's why I do that instead of the bike. I don't like being on the road after dark with reflectors but no lights.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home