Wednesday, June 20, 2007

innocent until proven guilty

I know things don't look good for Ron Mexico. I, myself, think in the end, he's going down for this whole dog fighting issue. I believe the guy is guilty as hell. In the unabridged lumberyard dictionary, if you look up skank, there are two pictures, depending on gender. There's Skanky Spice and Ron Mexico. Ron makes appearances under several other unsavory entries as well. My opinion doesn't matter though. The guy is innocent until a court of law finds him guilty. Until then, it's all a bunch of allegations.

So while some might be upset that Nike won't acquiesce to the Humane Society's demand that they drop the guy, I applaud them. The president/CEO of the Humane Society has no business asking them to do so. Once Ronnie's tried and if he's convicted, then I can see the point. Then, I don't think Nike will need much prodding. Right now, nobody has proven the guy did anything wrong. Let the judicial system do what it's supposed to do and then react accordingly. Let's not make the same stupid mistake Duke University made, by cancelling a whole lacrosse season and suspending students based on allegations, only to find they were unfounded. As unlikely as that may be in this case, you still have to go with the assumption that it is possible.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home