Sunday, July 01, 2007

a three hour tour (passing the 50 mile mark)

Saturday morning - 53.1 miles at an average of 17.1 miles an hour. Farther and faster than I've ever done before. Actually, coming back into the neighborhood, I hit 50 miles and was at an average of 17.4 miles an hour, but I took a slow trip around the neighborhood to cool down...hence the extra three miles and the loss of average speed.

Looking back, I've come a long way. I think I'm to the point that if I can just maintain where I am, I'll be fine in September. I'm not stopping though. It's become a bit of an obsession. I used to enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays, but now I'm up at 6:00 and on the road before 7:00...back before the heat of the day settles in. Still, it's now becoming a three hour event on Saturday mornings (which really didn't hit me until one of the neighbors asked me how long it took me to ride 50 miles), and almost as much of a challenge to figure out where to go for 50 miles as it is to actually ride it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home