Tuesday, July 10, 2007

it's never good enough

Just got back from visiting my doctor...just a checkup. I think I pay him just to insult me. Here's my $20 co-pay...tell me I'm fat.

The story is...yeah, it's good that you lost some weight, but lose another 20 pounds and then talk to me. Ya know. I'd like to drag his ass up and down roads on a Saturday morning and see how he fares after 50 miles.

I realize it ain't about his health, it's about mine. If I'm on my death bed in 10 years and he's in the same situation in the room next door, it doesn't make my situation any better. I'm still on my death bed...but dang buddy. For me, it doesn't get any better than what I'm doing now. Sure, I hope to take off another 20 pounds...maybe more. It takes time though...and yeah, I guess...maybe a few less of those krispy kreme donuts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home