Tuesday, September 18, 2007

the road to Daytona is paved with good intentions

So I went to the check-in thing, and arrived home with my booty, and the youngster is immediately all over it. What free stuff did Dad get, and what can I abscond with? He bypassed the team jersey, because he knew I needed that. He jumped on a small stuffed toy, shaped like a jalapeƱo pepper with a mexican hat on. I don't know the significance, but it was in the bag o' stuff. Then he grabbed the MS Bike Ride jersey, and asked if he could open the clear plastic bag that held it. I said sure, so he tore into it, unzipped the front and put it on...and was pretty much swimming in it...it's a large. It actually fit him like a loose t-shirt, but it's supposed to be pretty tight.

"It's not too big, is it?"

"Uuuuhhh...yeah."

"No it's not. I can wear it."

"No buddy, it's supposed to fit very snug. But tell me, why do you want it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you can't wear it to school. It's not exactly something you'd wear around the neighborhood. What would you do with it if it actually fit you?"

"I'm going with you next year. I want to ride in this thing."

Oh reeeeaaalllly. I guess we'll see over the next 6 months how much he really wants to do that. If he does, we'll make it happen, but it's more work than he thinks it is...or more work than I think he thinks it is. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I actually hope he does. If he really decides to do it...it's a no brainer. We're both riding next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home