Monday, November 26, 2007

drinkin' the kool-aid

I know I'm being set up. I've been here before. As Yogi would say, it's déjà vu all over again.

I feel like a tennis ball, being thrown into the air and feeling the exhilaration of flying, only to be slammed into the ground at 100+ miles an hour by Roger Federer.

I've been to the stadium firmerly known as Alltel the last two Sundays, and I've seen my Jaguars beat the Chargers and the Bills pretty handily. In neither game was I too concerned at any point that we might lose. Next we have the Colts...again...at their place. Every one is talking about a second chance. Everyone is talking about winning that game and sharing the division lead. Everyone is talking about making a statement...just like we did 6 weeks ago, when the Colts came to J'ville and stomped our "talk the talk" asses.

They don't have Dwight Freeney this week, and Marvin Harrison is far from 100%. No team is injury free this time of year and the jaguars are no exception, the biggest loss (in my mind) being Mike Peterson. David Garrard though, is back and playing better every week, something I didn't expect, but I'm not at all complaining. Lest we forget, also, Peyton is still a girl's name.

I think we have a shot...a pretty good shot..which is why I feel like that tennis ball. I'm trying hard to believe. I'm drinkin' the kool-aid. Let's just call me cautiously optimistic, and hoping Federer swings and whiffs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home