Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tim Tebow for Heisman

Personally, I'll lose no sleep whether or not Tim Tebow wins the Heisman Trophy. I think he deserves it, but if they give it to someone else, I'll shrug my shoulders and move on. I see the guy play a lot..moreso than I see any of the other possible candidates and he's from J'ville, so I suppose I'm a bit biased. I think he's good. I think he's real good. I think he's better than any of the other players discussed as an alternative.

All I ever hear from the talking heads on TV though is, "Well, he's only a sophomore. He'll have more chances."

That's bullshit. The only question is, is he the best college player in the country or isn't he? Up until last week, the only other player in the discussion was Dennis Dixon of Oregon, but Dixon got hurt and won't finish the season, dimming his chances. It's hard to be the best player when you don't...ummmm...play. Since that happened, there have been several other guys mentioned, and it seems like all of a sudden we have to find another credible alternative to Tebow, because...well, he's a sophomore and he'll have his chances.

The kid is the only player in college football history to have 20 passing and 20 rushing touchdowns in the same season. That's freakin' phenomenal. I think he is the best player in college football, bar none. The fact that he's a sophomore shouldn't have anything to do with it. Yes, he may have more chances, but he may not. He may blow out his knee in spring practice and never play football again in his life. Nobody knows what the future holds.

If the Heisman voters honestly believe someone else had a better year than Tebow, by all means, vote for them. Vote for them, though, because in your heart of hearts, you believe your guy is the better player. Don't vote for him because he's a year or two older.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

I hope Matt Ryan gets it. :-) I'm a chick. What can I say.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home