Monday, November 12, 2007

hope springs, yet again

While the rest of the NFL watching world was watching Dallas beat new york, or the Steelers pull one out from under the Browns, or Peyton Manning's 6 interceptions in San Diego (and Peyton's still a girl's name), Fred Taylor quietly surpassed 10,000 career rushing yards for the Jaguars in Nashville, and every one of those yards was in a Jaguar uniform - something that doesn't happen often these days. Not only that, the Jaguars won a game that I will not nit-pick to death. I'm still too busy doing the happy dance.

In a very classy move I honestly didn't think they had in them, some Titans fans actually got up and applauded the accomplishment (the 10,00 yard accomplishment...not the win). I tip my hat to those fans, for a great show of sportsmanship. We tend to dehumanize those we really want to dislike, and there's not much love lost between Titans and Jaguar fans. I'll admit I have to give those folks a lot of credit.

So where does that leave us, after the dust settled. It leaves us once again one game behind the Colts and in decent shape to make the playoffs. The fact that we pulled that win off without Marcus Stroud while he serves his suspension was a big plus. The defense managed to look pretty damn good against the same team that shredded them in week 1. They also did it without Matt Jones, who was inexplicably inactive for the game. I mean, he was a first round draft pick and he's not injured. I don't know why that man is still on the team. I don't see him being there after this season. Why not just cut him now? Quinn Gray did OK. He pulled two out of three games out on the road, which was more than I could ask for. I thought the picture was pretty gloomy, but the kid is getting us through the David Garrard injury. Make no mistake though, I'm ecstatic about the probable Garrard return next week. We need that guy under center, especially with the Chargers coming to town.

Speaking of the Chargers, I gotta thank those guys for doing a number on Peyton and the Colts. Now, if they could just help us out one more week, I won't ask any more of them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Very groovy win for the Jags. My panthers faltered. Seems they can't pull a home win out of their jock straps. I may have to go over to Charlotte and straighten them out. ;)

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home