Thursday, November 01, 2007

quick hits on a Thursday

A new study infers that obesity is bad for you. Der! Oh, excuse me. This one relates to cancer. So, if you're obese, you knew you run a much higher risk of heart disease and diabetes. That ought to be reason enough to change your diet/exercise habits. I know it was for me. Is the knowledge that, if you dodge those bullets, cancer is still out there looming, going to make a difference?

Marcus Stroud is expected to get hit with a 4 game suspension from the NFL for ingesting some illegal performance enhancing stuff. I know I'm naive when it comes to stuff like this. I never expected anyone on my team to use anything illegal. This hits me as hard as it did when Jimmy Smith got busted for cocaine. The guys who play for the Jaguars are supposed to be squeaky clean, dammit.

Halloween - I saw more Peyton Manning jerseys than witches, goblins, skeletons and demons all put together. Maybe it's a sign. Peyton Manning is Satan. He's scary enough, in any NFL town not named Indianapolis. I still contend that 'Peyton' is a girl's name.

Just how out of touch am I? I got a spam e-mail yesterday from something called "Bud Shop." Out of curiosity I clicked on it, thinking it might have some Budweiser gear...maybe humorous t-shirts or something like that worth a laugh. I started reading and realized...we weren't talking about the kind you drink. We were talking the kind you smoke.

Apparently it's butt month at babe of the day and Stare magazine over there on the right. I always considered myself a leg man, butt I'll admit, I look forward to butt month. It's had an effect on my appreciation of all things booty-ful.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

Don't you get sick of all the cancer crap? "Take one teaspoon of honey a day to avoid breast cancer, but wait, too much honey will cause colon cancer, so hold off on the honey, but take it if you dont want breast cancer....." Ugh.

7:38 PM  
Blogger John said...

I'm waiting for the day they tell us fresh organic salad causes cancer.

Eat what you like. During your lifetime, whatever that is will go through several studies wherenit is alternately good and bad for you.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home