Friday, October 26, 2007

being a greedy bastard

OK, I have absolutely NO right to whine. The deadline for contributions to the MS Bike Ride is the end of the month, and my family and friends have come through like I never expected. All of you RAWK! The grand total right now is $3,275.00. I remember back in February when I said I'd think about doing this thing and the team captain said she hoped everyone could raise $1000, my eyes got wide. I thought..."shit, no way". At the time, I was also trying to convince myself I'd be able to bike 150 miles, and almost thinking the same thing about that part of the deal.

In the end, I pedaled well over 150 miles and we raised triple what she asked. We all rocked.

Here comes the whiney part. Several people who sponsored me work for companies that match contributions. The one I work for is one, but not the only one. These people told me they turned in the necessary forms, and most of the corporate matching stuff came through. Still, I'm $125 short. That could push the total to an even $3,400 if these companies (and mine is one here too) would get off their butts and send in the checks, but they're being slow about it. I suppose in the end, they'll eventually get the money to the MS Society, and everything will work out...or at least I hope so. I just wanted the little web page to say I raised $3,400 dollars. I guess I'll have to settle for $3,275...and no, that's not so bad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home