Monday, October 22, 2007

in that "you gotta get back to work" mode

I'm in that grey area...not feeling quite up to the world, but been out of the office for too damn long and need to get stuff done, so we're grinning and bearing it. Probably about 80% of my normal lumberyard self, but improving over time.

I was supposed to go to the Monday Night Football game...Jaguars vs. Colts, but I gave the ticket away for a donation to the MS Bike ride. I need to stay home and rest...watch some of it on TV, so I sent out an e-mail at work, offering the ticket up for a donation. Already got a taker. Someone will donate $50 to the MS Society, and the company will match that...so the bottom line is the MS Society will get $100 for my $50 ticket. Not too shabby.

Spent the majority of Thursday, Friday, and the weekend on the couch or in bed. The wife is more than ready for me to be productive again, and frankly, so am I. I'm still not hitting the gym anytime soon, so I'm feeling like a slug, but a slug that doesn't need to feel worse again. Once I'm back to 100%, I'll start working out again.

Tonight's game, even without a lumberyard presence, is huge for the Jaguars. If they can pull out a win, it means a tie for the lead in the AFC South division with the Colts, and the de facto lead because of the head to head tiebreaker. If they lose, they are once again playing catch-up to the Colts, an all to familiar position. It also makes them one of any number of teams chasing a wild card berth into the playoffs, because winning the division, while not impossible, is highly improbable. It immediately takes them out of the national spotlight as a team to watch...just another pretender in a field full of them. Oh, but if they win....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

so... it's after 2:30... are you up to 85% or have you dropped down to 70%?

Hope you're back to 100% soon.

:)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home