Monday, October 15, 2007

the weekend in review

Dang...nobody willing to weigh in on the Super Chicken vs. Pokemon issue. Either you're afraid I'll shred you for picking the Pokemon thing, or it's really that much less significant that the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate. My gut tells me it's the latter.

Took the youngster and a neighbor cycling Saturday morning. The weather was perfect, and we did a fairly slow 25 miles. By the end, the youngster was still good to go. The neighbor was beat, and that's OK. He's not in great shape yet, but we're just starting, and I was amazed we went that far. I was expecting someone to tell me to turn around and head home after 8 or 10 miles, but they just kept pedaling. When we got to 12, I turned us around. I don't want to wear anyone out and discourage them. I may get more recruits before next year's ride. I'd like to get a whole neighborhood contingent, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Whatever happens, happens.

Went to the Jaguar game yesterday, which means I have little left in the way of voice. The boys scared me for the first quarter, but came around and played a great rest of the game. The whole town needed to see the Jaguars stomp on the Houston Texans one time, and it happened. That should take care of worrying about TV blackouts for a long time to come. I know. In some towns that's never a concern, and good for you guys. Here though, it seems like a weekly issue. Next week the Colts come to town for Monday night. That one's sold out, but there are lots of tickets left for the rest of the season.

Baseball - don't you just gotta love the Rockies? I'm no Rockies fan, but what those guys are doing in the post season is improbable and wonderful. Could we be headed for the first snow out in World Series history? (Wait, I seem to remember something like that in Cleveland....tho I could be wrong.) Still, that could be fun.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home