Friday, October 12, 2007

a lumberyard survey - you knew the job was dangerous when you took it

Let me start by saying, I know it isn't the great Ginger or Mary Ann debate, but it's close. Well, maybe not.

The youngster and I had this discussion last night. It arose from watching Earl, 30 Rock and the Office. In some segments, there were spots of Jerry Seinfeld, talking about cartoons, and what makes a good one. He mentioned (and sang a bit of) the theme song from Super Chicken. The youngster asked me what a Super Chicken was, and I told him. Even found a bit of classic Super Chicken on You Tube. From the choices, I'm sure you'll figure out who argued which side, but I'll throw it out for the Lumberyard Nation...

Super Chicken and Fred or Ash and Picachu?

I mean, come on. 40 years later and you can't even argue that the quality of the animation is better in Pokemon cartoons, let alone the quality of the story, or dialogue. Can you? Pass the Super Sauce, please.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home