Monday, October 08, 2007

I hope this means we're drying out

The weekend was a wash...literally.

I got up Saturday morning, hoping to take the youngster on his first real bike ride (ie. something over 15 miles) on his new bike, but the rain was coming down in buckets. By 11:00 it stopped, so we went on a shorter ride, venturing not very far from the house because of the threat of rain. We got in 13 miles though. It's hard to remember (but I have to) that when I started in March, I wasn't jumping on the bike and doing 30 miles right out of the gate. I started slow, and the youngster will have to as well. He's in pretty good shape already, so we don't have to start too slow. With some luck though, we'll be taking on a few more recruits, and with them, we will start with 15 mile trips and move up from there.

It rained on and off all weekend. Sunday morning I thought it might be done, but as soon as I tried to cut the grass, it started again. The ground was so wet I was squishing as I walked through it. You could see my mud footprints behind me. Grass doesn't cut very well when it's that soaked, but the field that was my yard had to be harvested. Finally got that done after the absolutely awesome Jaguars game. OK, it was Kansas City, who isn't very good, but it was in their stadium, which is a tough place to play, and the Chiefs scored their only points on the last play of the game. The Jaguars, if they can keep playing like that, will be a playoff team this year. Yeah, I'm getting my hopes up again, and looking at the world through teal glasses.

This morning I took the dog out, and I could see stars, and Venus in the eastern sky. maybe, just maybe, we'll have a few dry days.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

We've had overcast skies and sprinkles the past few days. Wish you could send some rain this way, being in a drought sucks.

The humidity here is so bad, I could make a pie with it.

:)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home