Friday, September 28, 2007

wind on the water...

...carry me home? Not so much.

More anxiety.

The weather is supposed to get ugly on Sunday. Lots of rain and a huge northeast wind. It just so happens we're riding along the beach on the way home from Daytona, so that northeast wind will come right off the water, with nothing to break it, and smack us right in the face the whole way home. It'll be OK though, because if I work up a huge sweat fighting that wind, we have the rain factor....so that'll cool me down. Also, rain hurts when you're going 20 miles an hour, but since it'll be so windy, we'll probably only be doing 15....so it'll hurt less. It's all good.

Then again..the weather dudes have been wrong before....lots of times.

I so want to do this ride. I'm very psyched, and very anxious.

In somewhat related news, the youngster is now on the Cross Country team at school. Apparently they didn't have enough runners, and a friend of his on the team recruited him. He talked to the coach, and ran with the team yesterday. I asked him how it went. He just shrugged and said, "OK." So I tried to prod. I mean, yeah, the kid can run, but he hasn't been running a lot lately. He could be in better shape. All I got was an annoyed, "Yes Dad. I kept up with all them, easy." Then in the '"oh, please" attitude voice, "Dad, it's what I do." He's short a physical though, so the wife is going to try to get him in one of those walk in clinics tomorrow, before they...ahem...drive...to Daytona. The coach let him run with the team yesterday, I guess just to see if it was worth keeping him. Now he said he can't run with them again until he gets that physical done. In any case, it ought to get him in cycling shape, and cycling ought to help with the running.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

We'll be thinking of you, here on Grampian! Go Lumberyard!!!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home