Monday, September 24, 2007

one two three four, tell me that you love me more

Not quite how I drew the weekend up, but it worked.....

Friday night we went shopping. The youngster needed a new backpack and I needed new sneakers (the old ones were coming apart...might have something to do with wearing them for more than an occasional walk), so off we went. My family and I have very different concepts of shopping. My concept is, get in, get what you came for, get out. I don't shop. I buy. The wife and youngster...shop. This is a kid who asked me to take him to the drug store to pick up a new backpack, as if anything reasonable would do. Little did I know the rules would change once we turned it into a shopping trip. We went to the St. Augustine Outlet Mall, which any of you who may have passed this way on I-95 have seen. We were in and out of the Nike Outlet store with sneakers in under ten minutes. The backpack, however, was another story. All of a sudden, the possibilities were endless. "Yeah, it's OK, but I want to see what they have in the other stores."

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

We came here to find it. We found it. Buy it. Let's get the hell out!

But alas...we shopped. In the end, he found something he liked better, so OK....I guess.

Got up Saturday for my last training ride before this weekend. Yes, Saturday it all happens. That in itself is an eye opener. I've grown accustomed to saying, "It's in two months" or "It's in three weeks. All of a sudden I'm assigning it a week day name. It's Saturday. Scary.

Anyway, I got up. Got ready. Pulled the bike out and.....flat tire. I could have fixed it and gone on, but I didn't. Instead, I shrugged my shoulders, proclaimed myself ready, and did yard work (which needed to be done anyway) and took it to the bike shop. While there, I told them of the youngster's hope of riding the MS ride with me next year, and wanted an idea of what it would cost me to put him on a decent road bike, but nothing too expensive. He'll probably outgrow the thing in a few years, so I don't want to go too crazy. I just want something he can train on and ride something like the MS ride for maybe...two years. They gave me some numbers, but apparently it's "model year closeout" time for bikes, just like cars. The new ones are on the way and they're trying to get rid of old ones. If there was a bike frame his size in the closeout stuff....all of a sudden I found myself in one of those TV commercials.."but if you act now...", when I really don't want to act now. They had a bike that fits the criteria in their inventory in the computer (it was at a different store), but the inventory hadn't been updated since last Monday...so they didn't know if it was really still available. They'll know today. So, if it's still out there, we're acting now, in order to save a few hundred dollars. Still, the bike will sit 'til Christmas. We've talked about it and decided it'll be the huge Christmas present. (Update from later...the "if you act now" bike was gone, so we have time to consider our options.)

The other MS Ride update...we (all my support, which is a lot of you, and me) crossed the $3000 mark in funds raised this weekend. Wooooo Hoooooo!

The Jaguars...went to Denver and absolutely dominated the Denver Broncos. They didn't just win. They physically beat the Broncos. Still, the fan base isn't happy. Yes, there were mistakes made. Yes, the victory could have been more lopsided. Still, people, the Jaguars won on the road in Denver. Be happy, dammit.

The i-pod nano commercial song by Feist...can't get that sucker out of my head, and while I think it's cute and catchy, it's driving me crazy.....

Ooooooo, uh oh....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

You know what? As I was waiting for your blog page to load, in my head was the Ipod song... and I was mentally singing it as I read the title of your blog.

Wow..I'm psychic...

The Panthers won. Right before Delhomme hurt his elbow I told Al..."We need the other quarterback in there."

He said, "Jake's doing ok. So the coach won't call him out."

"He'll halve to when Delhomme gets an injury."

Three plays later...he hurt his elbow and the other quarterback came in. And we won the game. I think Al's a little afraid of me. :P

10:54 AM  
Blogger Painter Lady said...

oops... 'halve' should be 'have.'

10:55 AM  
Blogger JessieE said...

I downloaded the Feist cd on itunes this weekend because of that song...but had already downloaded another song off the album. It was meant to be. I swear, half the time I'm searching Ipod commercial music...

11:59 AM  
Blogger John said...

So, what's the Jessiee review on the Feist tunes? Is it one cute, catchy song and a bunch of throwaway stuff, or is she realy good? I watched some of her stuff on youtube, but I don't think i got a good feel for what to expect.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home