Wednesday, October 24, 2007

feeling like a total slug

I'm still not feeling like my old self. It takes a while for me to get over this kind of crap once I get it. Sure, I can function in the workday world, but I'm still coughing and sneezing and trying to keep it all away from any co-workers, so they don't suffer. In cube land, that isn't all that hard.

It does keep me away from the gym though. I'm afraid if I start pushing my body, it might push back and land me back on the couch for a few days, and I don't want that. I suppose it'll tell me when it's restless enough to go sweat again, but the mind is ready. It's saying, "You haven't done a damn thing for a week. The pounds are coming back and you're getting soft."

Several years ago I went through a spurt, where I started going to the gym and getting myself in shape. I was in a routine, much like this last year. The thing that killed it - I got sick, stayed away for a few weeks and never picked the routine back up. I'm not letting that happen again. Well, this time is a bit different too. Granted, the next MS ride is a year away, but I need to get the youngster and me ready...so I won't stop. I have a mission.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home