Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I know some people have religious issues with this holiday, which I think is a bunch of bunk. I put it in the same category as people who have issues with Harry Potter.

Kids get dressed up as ghosts, goblins, witches and...spiderman, run around the neighborhood and consider it a success if they come home with more candy than they could ever eat in a year. None of them goes out promoting witchcraft or demons or whatever. Sure, I get a little irked when little Johnny or Susie isn't happy enough with what I give them and looks in the big tub of stuff I have for something better, waits around hoping for more of whatever it is, or worse, sticks their hand in the tub, grabbing more, but rude kids are the exceptions and not the rule. I don't care much what the origins of the holiday were back in the dark ages. Today it's grounded in fun. If you and your household want to suck the fun out of it and excuse yourself from buying $20 in candy to distribute to neighborhood kids, and seeing how cute little Bobby looks in his clown outfit and little Susie looks in her princess getup...whatever.

Me, I'll hang at the front door, hand out candy and have fun with the kids. I seriously doubt my religious belief system will be any worse for the wear.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Happy Halloween, J.:)

I'm going Dick or Treating after I get back from Trick or Treating with the nephews.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home