Tuesday, November 06, 2007

quotes from sports talk radio

"I went out to get the paper this morning and there was a Jaguar passed out in my driveway."

Bada boom - but it's freakin' true. Last Friday night, two were found passed out in their cars. One was in a McDonald's drive thru and another was on a highway exit ramp. I know crap like this gets magnified when you're having a mediocre season, but still...our boyz don't seem to know how to behave themselves. I know they're young and I did stupid things when I was young too, but I know I never went to the extent of passing out in my car, let alone at a McDonald's drive thru or on an exit ramp. One positive that was noted on the radio (in a big shout out to you, Detroit)...at least our guys weren't naked when they passed out in their cars. Nice reach. The thing is, people are blaming the team for not reacting harshly enough (although they have, since) when this kind of thing happened in the past. It's not the team's place to punish them, but it is the team's place to protect their own interests. It's not the teams fault that these people are idiots. It's the players' fault they are idiots and it's the law's place to punish them. Now, is it their fellow team members' place to criticize them for what their punishment does to the team's performance? Absolutely. Is it their place to criticize the idiots for the effect it has on the team's image in an entertainment industry? Absolutely. Does the team have a right to punish them monetarily for the effect they have on the team's image and therefore bottom line? Absolutely. Should they? I think so. Is there an obligation? Not necessarily.

In honor of Sally Field's 61st birthday, the question was asked..Sally Field in Smokey and the Bandit, or Dolly Parton in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas? I was thinking Sally Field...but in The Flying Nun.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

I know I'm a girl and all, but definitely Sally Field, definitely. Dolly is just TOO MUCH.

And by the way, it's another religious quote today.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

too funny...why does every man love that flying nun? :-)

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home