Wednesday, November 14, 2007

who are you, and what did you do with the youngster?

The youngster and school...I'm living in Bizarro World, but I'm not complaining.

This morning, 5 minutes before we left for school, he comes up to me and asks for help. He can get extra credit in Life Management if he can write a paragraph about a vitamin or mineral...benefits, recommended daily allowance, where you find it, what happens if you get too much/take too little. That sort of thing. He thinks dad's going to yank that stuff right out of his ass and rattle it off for him. He's quick to tell me it's not homework. It's nothing he has to do. It's just a paragraph and if he writes it, it's extra credit.

First, yes, it would be nice if we thought of this last night instead of 5 minutes before we need to leave the house. It would be nicer if he found the information himself (I mean really, it's not very hard and he knows how to use a search engine). Still, the kid is looking for...extra credit. MY kid has a decent grade in a class, and is doing extra credit. Not because he has to, because he's failing (and we've been there...lots of times), but because he wants to make a good grade better. Who is this kid, and what did he do with my son?

We jumped on the computer fast and filled in the blanks I didn't know off the top of my head. We talked about it on the drive to the bus stop (a few minutes later than usual, but still before the bus got there) and he wrote his paragraph. Yes, there is hope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home