Monday, August 18, 2008

so we're in beautiful Atlanta

I finally got to my hotel, checked in, went out and found some food and settled in...by about 9:30 last night. I knew the place I was going for training was within walking distance of the hotel (my prime reason for picking this one) and talked to the concierge dude and got directions. I was set.

Somewhere around there it hit me...when am I supposed to be there? I started looking through my paperwork for the class and found it...7:00 a.m. Excuse me? They're going to start at seven in the morning? What the hell's up with that? OK then. I'll be there. I got the wake up call thing going for 5:45, figuring that ought to leave me plenty of time...and it did.

I got to the building, went up to the 25th floor where the class is supposed to be and etched in the glass door is the company doing the training and I push down on the handle...locked.

OK, they're not here yet...so I waited. Then I waited some more. Then I waited. At 7:30 I decided to go adventuring. I found a cafe on the ground floor, so I got some coffee and a fried egg sandwich. Then I went back up...and saw movement behind the door. The woman inside unlocked the door for me and introduced herself as the office manager, and showed me to the classroom. Then she mentioned that the class starts at 9:00. NINE O'CLOCK people. I could have slept in just a bit. I told her what my paperwork said, and she seemed surprised, but she wasn't exactly apologetic or anything. She just said, "Sometimes it says 8:00 central time, because our home office is in Minnesota, but no...it shouldn't say 7:00."

I'm wondering...well, how is it I seem to be the only person who didn't get the memo? I mean, where are the other people in this class, who, as far as I know, would have the same information I got. Was I the only beneficiary of the typo?

No harm though, really. Yes, I would have liked the extra sleep, but at least I know I'm where I belong...and I'll be on time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home