Wednesday, September 10, 2008

stepping into weird world

I went to the gym last night. When I walked in the door there were two people inside - a guy and a girl. I've never seen them there before. They were obviously friends, and they were messing with one of the treadmills. They were wearing tight fitting t-shirts and pants...the stuff you see in German music videos...not loose workout stuff. When I walked in the room, the guy walked up to me and in broken English with that sing-songy Swedish/Scandinavian accent he introduced the girl (I don't remember her name, but it was not a normal Susie or Jane name) and still in that sing-songy accent, asked how she could have the big biceps....only it came out..Howcan she haffthe big biceps? It felt like I was on Saturday Night Live, with Hans and Frans looking to pump me up, or in Trading Places with Jamie Lee Curtis on the train with her rucksack.

First of all, I don't have the big biceps, so I'm not exactly the expert. I go there for cardio work, for the most part. I'm trying to be healthy and live longer (and survive a major bike ride). I'm not looking to be Mr. Muscle Beach. I told them as much, and they left me alone after that. Second, I couldn't help but think they were messin' with me. I mean the accent was sooooo over the top. The thing is, the whole time they were there, I don't know what language they were speaking, but it wasn't English, and it wasn't German, because I can hang with a little Deutsch. If they were messing with me, they never broke character, and they stuck around for about 20 minutes after I got there.

The whole thing was just a bit...bizarre...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

LOLOLOLOL. You crack me up!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home