Saturday, September 06, 2008

I don't know how those CSI people do it

...or people who work in a morgue, or do autopsies, or whatever. After about a year and a half of bike riding, the stench of road kill is still a very nasty thing, and the shoulder of the road,which is my playspace is where it all resides. I figured after a while, it wouldn't faze me anymore, but damn it does. Seeing as all those animals have pretty much the same smell, I can't imagine people being any more pleasant. I suppose this theme was accentuated by the fact that it was pretty warm out there for a lot of miles out in the country today, and a whole lot of small furry dead things were extremely ripe.

The large ride is in two weeks, and I did a solid 63 miles today to get ready. I found out that's called a metric century, because it's 100k. A year ago I did it a couple of times in preparation for the MS ride, but I didn't know it had a name. After doing the 100k Katie Ride in April, a friend who's really into biking congratulated me on doing the metric century, and it only took me a few minutes to figure out what he was talking about. I'm quick that way.

Anyway, I think I'm about ready. I'll probably hit the gym a few times this week, and maybe ride next weekend, and then rest the last week before the real thing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home