Tuesday, June 14, 2011

cancer sucks

I haven't done much with this blog lately. I guess it's outlived it's usefulness, or it had until now.

I don't know if anyone still reads this thing, and for the time being, it doesn't much matter. I'm not necessarily looking for an audience. I'm looking for an outlet, because I don't have one.

We found out last Friday that the wife has cancer. The medical term she's been given is vulvar dysplasia but it seems to come down to vaginal cancer. We still don't know a whole lot, so the ignorance is probably the worst part. You don't know, so your mind goes immediately to the worst possible case, which is death and suffering and all maner of nastiness.

We have our first appointment with an oncologicst on Thursday, so that should eliminate some of the ignorance, for better or worse. The wife has done some research and it appears the disease is treatable, and death isn't that much in the picture, unless of course she gets hit by a truck tomorrow, my point being she probably stands as much a chance of dying as any of us do. So far, I'm just hoping that's the case.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

well, that DOES suck. I'm sorry.

for what it's worth, I check in here periodically, but like you, blogging is not at the top of my priority list. I read a few, comment on fewer, and write even less.

But if this works for you to vent, and if it helps to know you have a reader, I'll be here -- reading and sympathizing.

Hang in there. I'd say give my best to the wife, but in webland, that seems sort of empty. So instead, sending only good vibes your way.

jessica

10:52 AM  
Blogger John said...

thanks Jessie, and I hope all's well with you up in the homeland. we were planning a Pa trip this summer, but that's waiting until we get our arms around what we have to do now and what the immediate future holds.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home