Thursday, September 16, 2010

It never gets old


This will be my 4th year doing the Bike MS:PGA TOUR Cycle to the Shore, a two day, 150+ mile bike ride to benefit research for a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.

The journey began four and a half years ago, when I stepped on a scale and decided it was time to get my fat ass in gear and do....something...anything, that didn't involve a couch and a remote. That desire morphed its way into me becoming one of those obnoxious people who hug the right side of the road pretty much every weekend morning in clothes that shouldn't be seen in public.

Still, the journey's been a good thing, at least for me. I'm healthier than I've been since I was about twelve. I've stemmed and turned the momentum around that was turning me into an ever larger person, and I got myself involved in this great event.

It's about two and a half weeks away and this year, I'll be doing it with the youngster yet again, but my brother and sister-in-law are road tripping from the city of brotherly love, and my sister-in-law is riding with us. I'm already getting excited.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

Yeah! Go John Go!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home