Wednesday, June 02, 2010

just a bunch o' stuff

It's been a month so I'll try to catch up, for anyone who still visits my little corner of the world.

The new bike thing is working out great. Had it for a month now and put over 300 miles on it. Part of that was Tour de Cure, a weekend charity ride benefitting the American Diabetes Association, which accounted for almost a third of the miles. Still don't have the pictures, but should soon.

The youngster is out of school for the summer and job hunting. It has hit me that we're going into his senior year of high school...damn time flies. I'm looking forward to the end of private school tuition, even if it means moving on to college tuition. I don't think the cost will change much, and the college thing we've somewhat budgeted for. Catholic high school has become a lot more expensive than I anticipated, and I'll be happy when that ends. As for the job hunting part, it's looking tough for kids in this economy. All the jobs kids used to get are currently occupied by people who used to have full time jobs elsewhere and can't find more substantial work, or kids who've had them for a while and aren't moving on. I'm crossing my fingers.

BP and the gulf - the fact that I'm very peeved at BP for getting us into this mess doesn't seem to make a damn bit of difference. Cutting those kinds of corners in the name of profit is unforgivable. I know a lot of people who are big on boycotting the company, and I can understand the sentiment. I'm just not sure that monitarily hurting the company, that is our best shot at fixing the issue, is our best approach. let 'em clean up their mess first. Then penalize them all you want.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynsey said...

hello my friend! Glad to see you're alive and well. I'm desperately trying to make a comeback. Stay tuned for posts. :)

Best wishes,
Lynsey

1:50 PM  
Blogger John said...

WOW...Lynsey! long time no see. Hope everything's going OK with you and your family :)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home