Monday, April 18, 2005

Would you like some cheese with that?

At work, we have a temp who is leaving. She's been here three years, but the company, while keeping her on, has never felt she was so valuable that we ought to hire her full time. I know there have been some issues, but I don't need to get into them here, the point is she's leaving for a permanent job elsewhere. Personally, I'm happy for her. I know that wasn't going to happen here, so for her to get something better elsewhere, well, good for her.

Tomorrow is her last day, and the company is having cake and a little farewell get together. What do I get to listen to from the whiney crowd?

"Cake? Is that all? They should bring in pizzas or cater lunch or something? All we get is cake??"

If you feel all that strongly, you have a wallet. Go around and get everyone to pitch in and maybe we'd have pizza or something, but no, I understand whining is easier. The worst part is, the loudest voice looking for lunch is also one of this girl's loudest critics. He's happy to see her go, but thinks he should be fed for her departure. Whatever.....

1 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

I like the title of this post. Very funny hehehe.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home