Friday, June 24, 2005

the chicken or the egg

The Jack Del Rio vs. the media saga continues. I find it insightful that the media (in this case, yet another newspaper columnist) says the fans are making a big deal out of this, but the media guys are the ones still writing columns about it and making it a topic of discussion on the local sports talk radio programs.

The same tired argument is still being made by all of them as well...that they shouldn't have to kiss anybody's ass and say nothing but good stuff about the team. My point condensed quite a bit still is, I don't want you to kiss anybody's ass or say nothing but good stuff about the team. I wouldn't mind knowing that the guy covering my team feels the same emotional ups and downs I do, though. Is it too much to ask that, when he talks about Jaguar fans, that is sound like an "us guys" thing instead of a "you guys" thing? Would that be so bad? I would like to see him just as pissed off as I am when the team brings in a free agent like Dewayne Washington, and he proves himself to be toast at cornerback, instead of "objectively reporting" it with a smirk. I want a media person who has a chip on his shoulder when he's taking the team to task for signing Huge Douglas to a multi-million dollar contract and then turning the guy loose on every all-you-can-eat buffet line in town until he busts, on and off the field. To do that, he doesn't have to pull himself out from between Del Rio's ass cheeks just to yell "Go Jaguars!" He doesn't have to treat the team with kid gloves. He just has to be a fan of the team. It'll come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home