Friday, June 17, 2005

is it the apocalypse?

California's getting warning signs that it could become the new Atlantis and Tom and Katie are engaged. The people trying to free Katie have to be wondering where to look for the coming of the antiChrist as the center of the movement prepares for the big plunge into the Pacific.

Tho I wonder if Cruise and Holmes are really that happy or if they're both pretty good actors, I certainly hope it's the former. Hollywood tends to make a sham of most of what the rest of us hold dear, like marriage, and government. I hope this isn't just another example. That said, I heard one of the talking heads on some morning show as I got ready for work say, "Congratulations to the happy couple." It wasn't meant to, and yes, it could have been just me, but it sounded like such an insincere sellout.....like, this is what you're supposed to say, so I'll say it.

In the meantime, that property you were looking at in Nevada? Might be time to go for it. Katie, come to papa (and as much as I hate to admit it, age-wise, a very real possibility). In Florida, at least the ground under your house won't fall into the ocean, but I can't promise the ocean won't visit your living room in the summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

:)) J, your wit and a fresh cup of coffee are great in the morning.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=194617>1=6657

Mr Cruise must be feeling the pressure to over react so publically...

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home