Thursday, June 23, 2005

insightful

I sent the link to my post about the Jaguars and the media to the columnist that spawned it. He isn't the only media member who did, of course. He had help, but he gets credit for putting the topic over the top and getting me write something about it. One morning sports talk guy is still trying to make the issue bigger than his waistline, which will take a bit of doing, but June's a slow month and sometimes you milk what little you have. He was supposed to have the coach on his show this morning, but the coach didn't show up (or call in) on time and I had to get to work, so...if he got there, I missed that part.

To my surprise though, I actually got a response. I guess I expected to be either dismissed or just ignored, but I was pleased that he actually took the time to read it. The part that sort of made me smile and cringe at the same time was that he called it 'insightful'. At leaste he didn't say 'inciteful', but that would include a presumption that I was a little bit controversial, and I'm not, and that I have a bunch of readers to incite, and I can probably count those on my fingers, without resorting to toes. 'Insightful' though. There's a loaded word that can be taken all kinds of ways. Being the bloated ego "all about me" kinda guy I am, I'll stick with the good ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home