Wednesday, August 24, 2005

choices, and the worst may be the best

I left work Friday feeling a bit under the weather. I couldn't pinpoint it. Lethargy, achey...just a general case of the fuck-its. I was in a meeting and it occurred to me that I was processing absolutely nothing that was being said, nor did I care. I just wanted sleep. It was time to call it a day. So I went home and slept most of Friday away, into late Saturday morning...and probably would have stayed in bed except that I promised to help out at a church picnic, and had no back-up, so people were depending on me...so I dragged my ass out of bed, did what I needed to do, socialized a bit and went home to sleep again. By Monday I thought things were looking up, but yesterday all the other nasty cold/flu symptoms that were missing Friday arrived. The sore throat, the runny nose, all the fun stuff is here.

So tomorrow I have a conflict. I have tickets to the Thursday night's Jaguars preseason game against the Falcons. This is almost a no brainer. It's preseason and it's a week night. That makes Friday hell for a game that means nothing, and I'm not up for that. Then there's the weekly Thursday night work golf outing. That could be fun, and probably the better choice. But now there's the couch. Of the three, by far the least enjoyable prospect, but probably also the smartest.

Not that I've ever been accused of being the smartest.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a corking blog here! I will definitely visit your site again ! I have a top health products reviewed site. It virtually embraces all that equates to top health products reviewed issues. If you possess the chance, kindly come and check it out.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Painter Lady said...

I want a 'Corking' Blog..how did you get one, J?

PS I hope you feel better soon.

9:39 AM  
Blogger John said...

Usually when I'm told to put a cork in it, it's not a good thing.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home