Wednesday, November 09, 2005

the last night at league B

I'm sooo tired, and I know the youngster is too.

Last time I talked about league B, and playing teams from there, I told the story we got from one of their coaches, about one guy only aggreeing to coach if he got all the players he wanted. In other words, he wanted an all star team. I don't know for sure, but I think that's who we played last night. They had several kids who could pitch...well. They ran plays that you don't much see in rec ball. None of their kids were beginners. They handled our guys easily, 11-6. At least we weren't routed. The youngster didn't have a stellar evening (I think the ADD medication was wearing off. He wasn't exactly keeping focused). He struck out twice. We ran into the two hour time limit before getting through 5 innings, let alone 6, so we packed it up and went home at that point. The youngster was in bed by 11:04.

I did learn that several teams in our league declined the 'invitation' to play league B teams, because they thought the games went too late on a school night. I didn't know that was an option, or I might have protested a bit louder. It's over now though, so I'm not going nuts on water under the bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home