Thursday, November 03, 2005

the fallout begins

It took 'till today, but now I'm getting e-mails from our real little league coaches, forwarded from the commissioner, wanting to know the details of what happened Saturday night in the coaching debut. One of our parents complained about the behavior of the other team and their parents, and the lack of corrective action on their coaches part.

Maybe I should have complained about it all earlier, but I've already had my run-in with the little league muckity mucks this season over the advanced ball issue, and don't want to come off as a whiner. That, and we have to play the same team this Saturday, and I didn't want the molehill to grow into a mountain before that contest. It looks like it just might though, despite me. I will say that the complaining parent saw more things than I did. Immediately after the game I was running to my car to get snacks, because along with substitute coaching, we were also the 'snack family', and I wanted to get them in the hands of kids before they left and I ended up returning home with all that stuff. Apparently either during the run to the car and back or while we were checking on the boy who got hit with the ball when the game ended, several of the Phillies players came out of the dugout and gave the umpire the finger, and told him he sucked. That's entirely possible, and frankly, in that atmosphere, wouldn't surprise me. When you're sitting watching the horror unfold, it's much easier to see everything than when your running around in the middle of it. I know after the game, no mention was made in their dugout about anybody's behavior. The tenor of the conversation there was that it was a tough loss, but tomorrow's another day. We'll see where it all goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home