Monday, September 12, 2005

the world of little league - you just gotta wonder

What to make of it all. Apparently I stirred up a hornets' nest or something. When I came home there were e-mails galore. I got an apology from the president of the Baseball Association that runs the youngster's league. I got apologies from the commisioner and the guy who runs the entire advanced ball program. I got a phone call from the coach of the team he didn't make, apologizing profusely and trying to get me to understand how there was a mix up (which very well might have happened), and how he tried to call and ask the youngster to come back for a second look, and apparently left a mesage at a wrong number and so on.

Bottom line, they practice Friday night, and he is invited to practice with them and get a second look. If he's good enough and they can find room for him, they'll take him. I'm not sure what to make of it. The youngster wants to try, and I won't stop him, and if he's good enough, I'd like to see him play on that team. I just don't want him there because his daddy made a stink. I don't want to be that kind of dad, and I don't want my son to be the kid who's on the team because he has that kind of dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home