Friday, November 04, 2005

Previewing the weekend

This weekend has disaster written all over it, and I'm hoping none of it comes to fruition.

First there's tomorrow morning at 8:30, where the Mets and Phillies once again battle it out. After the flurry of e-mails from the people running the league, it seems to have quieted down and if anything is going to come of last Saturday night, they haven't seen fit to let me in on it. That would be OK, too. After all, I am not a real coach and after giving my view of the evening's events, the rest of what happens isn't really my business. Hopefully I was right about the last game being right after the Florida/Georgia football game and in blaming alcohol for some of the parental antics of our opposition. At 8:30 in the morning, unless they're still going strong from Friday night, it shouldn't be as much of a factor. I didn't want the complaints about last week to get too loud, because I didn't want to pour gas on the fire, so hopefully the Phillies will sleep walk through 6 innings, and wake up when they're driving home, realizing they're 0-3 against the Mets this fall, with no chance at more abusive behavior toward our boys.

Then there's Sunday, when the Jaguars play the Texans....the woeful Texans, who have won all of one game this year, and that one last week. It seems every year they are the woeful Texans and every year they find a way to beat one team...the Jaguars (they have a 4-2 series edge since they became a team). Last year they stopped our playoff run dead in its tracks with a 21-0 win the day after Christmas....in our stadium, to sweep us for the year. Nice present, Santa! After what I heard about last week but didn't actually see, anything is possible. We should stomp all over the Texans, and that's what I expect to see, but I'd be lying if I said I won't walk into Alltel Sunday cringing just a little.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

aha! as you might have guessed, I had missed the saga of last week. (between the break-up and the theo situation, I've been a wee bit distracted; I'm sure you understand.) I am excited to hear about ACT III.

The Texans should have as much chance against the Jags this week as the Pats do against the Colts... next to none, but the history of luck bodes otherwise, filling me with hope, and you with dread.
(If our OL would only figure out how to do their job by Monday night, it could be quite a game. I'm not counting on it.)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home