Friday, March 24, 2006

and more loose ends

Called the youngster's coach last night around 8:00. Got his answering machine. Asked him to please call me. Nuthin'....yet. But I will talk to him, or the youngster will. Either way, we'll get some expectations set, so we don't go through an every inning iteration of emotional letdown.

The Maytag repairman appeared yesterday afternoon. I even left early to meet him. He declared the problem was a stuck piece of ice in the back, removed it and called us fixed. One load of ice then dumped while he was there. Since then....no ice. Home Depot will be replacing the fridge on Tuesday.

I loved watching Duke bite it last night. Take that Billy Packer. On the flip side of that coin, I'm hopeful for Villanova tonight, knowing full well we're pretty beat-able.

The Players Championship - nasty weather yesterday, which led to some soft greens and low scores. I think the opposite will be true today and the rest of the weekend, and it gets sunny, chilly and windy. If the wind picks up like it should, 17 will get very difficult and could cause a big swing in the leaderboard. Should make for an interesting tournament.

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Al & I watched the Duke game. I was so angry with Duke for playing so badly. JJ is a spoiled little cry baby if he doesn't get his 3 pointers. Have to say LSU played a great game. And deserved to win.

3:03 PM  
Blogger John said...

Ya know, in a way it's weird. I've never had anything against ACC teams before, but Billy Packer and his self absorbed, bigger than the game attitude really made me want to see them go down this year, and not in a good way. Watching him basically shout down the head of the selection committee, and berate the way they picked the field, made me want him to be proven so wrong.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home