Monday, March 06, 2006

driving range pro

I know I've sounded this lament before, but I don't play all that much golf. I'd like to play more, but my life, such as it is, doesn't allow for that. I appease myself with driving range time, spending an hour when I can squeeze it in hitting balls instead of 4 to 5 hours on a real golf course. I'm a real driving range pro. Last week I finished my lessons at the little golf shop that re-tooled my driver, so this weekend I took my lesson to the range, and it looks like it might actually help. I was pretty pleased. Now we'll see when I can take all that and apply it to a real course.

Yesterday was spent pretty much doing errands. I had to pick some stuff up for the wife, and slid into a golf store, (one on my way, not the same one I got lessons at) for more tees, because I seem to lose/break lots of them when practicing with the re-tooled driver. The guy there was watching Villanova beat Syracuse. He was a Syracuse fan, so we talked hoops a little while they were keeping it uncomfortably close before the Wildcats took it in the end. We talked golf too, and he was telling me I need to get out and play more (like I don't know that)...at least once a week. I'm thinking, at least once a week? Do you think I have nothing else to do? I'd like to play more but until I retire, I don't see once a week being a remote possibility. Maybe if I worked weekends in a golf store.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home